Each year as part of the ride, we give out some small awards to those who put in the most effort to their outfit and their bike.
Participant feedback has been used to adjust this year’s awards to best suit the event.
The following adjustments should be noted for this year:
- Awards are given at the start of the ride for both the riders and spectators at the ride start location, not at the fair.
- There will be additional awards categories for bikes
- The Tweed Fair after the ride will be at the Civic Hall
This year we will be giving all our award rosettes to participants and spectators before the ride begins so that they can wear their rosettes for the whole day. The overall sash and the gift bags for rosette winners will be given out at the Tweed Fair shortly after the ride participants arrive at the fair.
While participants register and collect their ride participation ribbon we will be entertained by brilliant live music from local band Ballahornication.
The categories for 2022 will be:
- Most dapper participant
- Most elegant participant
- Most dapper spectator
- Most elegant spectator
- Tweediest tot
- Group of distinction
- Most steadfast steed
- Best e-bike
- Best non-bike
- Penny farthing of the day
- Oldest bike
- Most magnificent millinery
- Spectacular safety gear
- 2022 Tweed Style Icon
The 2022 Tweed Style Icon is the overall sash and the winner will be selected from the winners of all the other categories.
The fashion of the Ballarat Tweed Ride is as inspired by vintage eras as it is by the weather. It is a combination of style and practicality.
We want you to be comfortable and confident while you are feeling fabulous. This is the same approach we take for awarding our rosettes.
If you are feeling competitive and want to try and win a rosette for style here are some things that those assessing the awards will consider:
- Practical footwear appropriate for the season such as boots, closed toe shoes, thicker heels or wedges will suit the event better and sneakers, sandals or stilettos.
- Full hats are more appropriate for the event than headband style millinery. See our style guide for ideas.
See the style guide and further information in our 2022 Participant Info Pack for more details and inspiration. https://ballarattweedride.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/2022-Tweed-Ride-Participation-Pack.pdf